cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

EFX

ptc-681098
1-Newbie

EFX

I am have recently had to re-install Wildfire 3 and EFX 5 F000 on a new hard drive on my mcahine. Wildfire works fine but the menu items on EFX are greyed out. Can anyone help regards John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Usually if EFX is not working you will not get the menu, therefore make sure that you have an assembly open. Remember EFX works from the assembly mode only.

I have a model open which includes sections, handrails etc which appears fine. If I click on the handrail it even shows all the offsets etc for its construction but the menu selection is greyed out

I have a model open which includes sections, handrails etc which appears fine. If I click on the handrail it even shows all the offsets etc for its construction but the menu selection is greyed out
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-681098)

Do you have the following line in your config.pro since you reloaded?: protkdat C:\Ptc\efx6.0\text\protk.dat Obviously your path may be different, but this points Pro-E at the folder where the protk.dat file is for your EFX module. Without it, it will be greyed out as if it doesn't exist.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I've checked the config.pro which has ! other settings default_ext_ref_scope ALL PROTKDAT C:\Program Files\efx\text\protk.dat hole_parameter_file_path C:\Program Files\efx\text\hole and the protk.dat has name efx50 F000 exec_file C:\Program Files\efx\$PRO_MACHINE_TYPE\efx50.dll text_dir C:\Program Files\efx revision 23.0 startup dll allow_stop TRUE description "EFX 5.0 F000" end I've uninstalled and re-installed but still get the menu greyed out - not absolutely everything - Info is still available - all options and on Screws I have Instance creator and Get ID - but this is same as before - maybe it has some relevance
CBenner
5-Regular Member

OK,.. shoots down my idea. Sorry. Might have to log a call and see what PTC Support can do for you. Good luck! C
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I still haven't resolved this problem. Just hoping someone else may have an idea. I may have a go at the registry and delete every reference to EFX and then try re-installing again. That would be a last resort as I'm not an expert working in the registry.
CBenner
5-Regular Member

I've learned from hard experience never to go messing in the registry. I'd open a call to (gasp)PTC Support first... and for me THAT is a last resort. LOL
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Don't know what I have done - but it now works! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions
Top Tags