cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

EXTREMELY SLOW Parametric 7.0.8.0 (Student Edition)

DM_10549681
4-Participant

EXTREMELY SLOW Parametric 7.0.8.0 (Student Edition)

Hello, I am just doing simple part modelling and assembly in Parametric 7.0.8.0. (Student Edition). Up until just recently, the software worked exceptionally well on my PC, with the exception of rendering which causes my PC to overheat. I have an i7-12700 CPU, 32 GB of DDR4 RAM, an MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6 (I realize is not compatible with CREO for rendering), and a 750W PSU. It is more than enough to run

Now, I can't even touch an edge of the assembly that I am working with without CREO freezing up and on task manager, using VERY HIGH power. I recently had used my same SSD in a laptop, but returned it back to my PC with no issues. Not too sure what is causing this error. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dallas

5 REPLIES 5

Can you send a screenshot of your task managers performance tab (like the one below) while it is freezing and also a screenshot of the type of assembly you are running. Do you remember any specific event/update to when it started performing differently?

IbrahimTayyab_0-1690620929986.png

No, I just started using it again yesterday, so this was the first time that I had used it in a while. As I noted earlier, it was working before I used my SSD in my laptop. While the SSD was in the laptop, it added some Dell software items, like drivers for their sound system etc.

The pictures that you requested are listed below. Honestly, this is a rather simple assembly compared to the one that I created while in my CREO college course. I believe that that project (a small-scale windmill) contained about 50-70 individual parts whereas this one only contains 8 parts. The only difference in this lightsaber project is that I used pictures (for the color of the parts) to add detail to the individual parts. As you can see, there is no longer any sort of color on the handle portion. Somehow, they disappeared. I had deleted the pictures on my desktop used for the coloration, so maybe that is what is causing the problems here?

I found this thread and it might be useful to go through both of the methods once just to make sure. Let me know how it goes. Try running creo in the clean boot environment and see if the issue persists, more details on how to initiate a clean boot is in the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-extreme-lag-spikes-with-very-high-power/039ef880-704b-46f2-9811-f4bcadf04966

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DM_10549681)

Add the following option to your config.pro

graphics win32_gdi

The setting graphics win32_gdi  is to help troubleshoot vidoe card problems with your system.

If the problem is solved with this setting, that means you have a video card problem.

Remove the setting and try updating your graphics card driver. You may need to try several drivers to find one that works without problems.

If you can't find a driver that fixes the problem, you can continue using the graphics win32_gdi   setting but it does have an impact on your computer performance.

Another thing to try is to rename all config.pro and creo_parametric_customization.ui temporarily to see if it is a configuration setting that is causing issues.

DM_10549681
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Hi Stephen, thank you for the tips. I tried both and neither gave any noticeable benefit, other than a possible decrease in power consumption. I even tried on another assembly to see if it would work with that and it did not.

A few days ago, before you sent me this, I tried a clean install of CREO, even going into regedit to remove some of the old holdovers. Still no success.

P.S. Just deleted some old holdover drivers from a laptop that I had used this drive in. Tried using CREO again and it was still lagging heavily.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags