cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Edit default tolerance value in graphic window

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member

Edit default tolerance value in graphic window

I am trying to change the tolerance values displayed in the graphic window using a config file. I have entered the values I require in the config.pro and it shows up in the configurations settings as well. But the values displayed in the graphic window are different.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.]

ANSI tolerance values are saved with model.

2.]

If you create new model using template, Creo ignores config.pro options and displays values saved in template in graphic window.

If you create Empty model, Creo uses and displays values from config.pro options.

In the past I tested following options:

linear_tol 0 0.25 2
linear_tol 1 0.05 2
linear_tol 2 0.005 3

3.]

Tolerance value assigned to dimensions depends on config.pro option default_dec_places.

If you set default_dec_places 2 then Creo assigns tolerance value set for 2 decimal places to every dimension. It doesn't matter if the dimension value is 100, 100.1, 100.02, 100.003, 100.0004 ...

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:VV_10305718)

Have you restarted Creo after changing the values?

VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Yes, I tried changing the values and updating the config file multiple times and restarted creo every time I did that. But no luck

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:VV_10305718)

After you updated the config file, did you try it on a new drawing?

I am trying to remember if the config file will change existing drawings.

Hi,

1.]

ANSI tolerance values are saved with model.

2.]

If you create new model using template, Creo ignores config.pro options and displays values saved in template in graphic window.

If you create Empty model, Creo uses and displays values from config.pro options.

In the past I tested following options:

linear_tol 0 0.25 2
linear_tol 1 0.05 2
linear_tol 2 0.005 3

3.]

Tolerance value assigned to dimensions depends on config.pro option default_dec_places.

If you set default_dec_places 2 then Creo assigns tolerance value set for 2 decimal places to every dimension. It doesn't matter if the dimension value is 100, 100.1, 100.02, 100.003, 100.0004 ...

Martin Hanák
VV_10305718
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin. I was using a different syntax for the tolerance parameter in my config.pro file. Your syntax seems to work.

Top Tags