cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Embed symbol into note

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Embed symbol into note

It's been a number of years since I've done this and have apparently forgotten the method.

How do I get a symbol (like the standard surface finish symbol) embedded into the body of a note. With dimensions it's done using &d123. I know it's something similar to that.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

&sym(symbol_name) I believe should work for surface finish symbols, too (in addition to custom symbols).

BK

Thanks to Jim, Janet and Brian for providing a prompt solution of putting the name of the symbol in parenthesis.

I am busy with preparing the introduction of using drawing templates.
I am defining the drawing template by creating a new drawing, selecting application "template"
and select the format I want to use.
I use the format file, which we use for creation of the drawings inclusive the automated table with standard parameters.
(&scale, &drawingname etc.)
Also a drawing view is placed in the drawing template.

The problem I have is that when the drawing template is used for creation of the drawing the parameters are not
functioning anymore in the table.
Is anyone able to help me out?
Thanks in advance.

With kind Regards,

Bert Busschers

Sr. Mechanical Designer/CAD Administrator
ME/ID Department

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFD1DE.9B72F160]

Benchmark Electronics Almelo
Lelyweg 10 - 7602 EA Almelo - The Netherlands
+31 546 535209 (tel)
+31 546 535299 (fax)
Bert.Busschers@bench.com<">mailto:Bert.Busschers@bench.com>
www.bench.com<">http://www.bench.com>

MCAD Mananger Benchmark
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DonSenchuk)

Bert,

Are you positive you're still in template mode? When you look at the parameters, do they show a ":D" after the name?

Tom U.

[cid:image002.png@01CFD1D0.017E9770]
Top Tags