cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Engraving the contour from assembly

Goulidov
4-Participant

Engraving the contour from assembly

Hi everyone! I'm using Creo 2.0 M250. Here is my problem:
I have too many sheet metal assemblies from different sheet metal parts. For each assembly I should make a drawing with all dimensions that are needed to perform a welding. It takes too much time. Instead of making drawings I want to give the information about position of, for example, smaller part on the surface of the bigger part with the help of engraving (our laser machine can do this). Both parts has, for example, cylindrical or curvilinear surface.
What is best way to get the contour of smaller part on surface of the bigger part in flat state?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Goulidov
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

Dan N.,

Thank you for answer. Your solution is good for a flat parts. But I can't apply it for parts with cylindrical surfaces.

I made the following:

In assembly I activated the bigger part and projekted contour of all smaller parts on to surfaces of bigger parts.

After unbending it looks very well.

Parts.pngUnbend.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:Goulidov)

Goulidov,

You can try the following:

Assemble the two parts together as they would be welded.

Create a cross section slightly offset from the mating surface of the two parts (offset into the smaller part).

Create a datum curve from cross section.

The resulting curve will be very close to the contact outline of the two parts.

Regards,

Dan N.

Goulidov
4-Participant
(To:dnordin)

Dan N.,

Thank you for answer. Your solution is good for a flat parts. But I can't apply it for parts with cylindrical surfaces.

I made the following:

In assembly I activated the bigger part and projekted contour of all smaller parts on to surfaces of bigger parts.

After unbending it looks very well.

Parts.pngUnbend.png

Top Tags