cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Error Message Problem

ptc-6729597
1-Newbie

Error Message Problem

I am using PTC Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 6.0, and I have a problem that I cannot seem to get around. Whenever I am in the annotation mode and try to create a drawing from the model, that is after I see the preview of what will be layed out in threee views, and select the green check mark to create the drawing, I get an error message that says "Cannot create this view because of an internal error. Action will be aborted." I get this message now matter how simple the model is, even if it only a cube or cylinder. Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated. I am using an Asus with windows 8.1, 8GB ram, I7 quad core and a G Force graphics card.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

In modeling, right click and select "Viewport Properties...". Under the Projection heading make sure the Parallel is checked and not Perspective.

If perspective is checked, then Annotation will not be able to create the views and will give an error like the one you are getting.

Regards

Tom

viewport+settings.JPG

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Tom

I made sure the parallel is checked, but, so far the same error. No matter how simple the model, the program returns the same error when I try to produce a detalied drawing. The computer is new, and fairly strong. I can't see it being pilot error as I have used other CAD systems for years.I almost thik there should be some was of system checking the program for errors or something.

Thanks

Larry

Is it opssible to upload a video what steps you do.

May be this helps to understand.

WoHo

Wolfgang

The actual steps are:

1. create a somple shape. I leave all other items alone such as workplanes.

2. go to annotate

3. select new drawing

4. I see the solid model superimposed on the sheet

5. dialog box says 2D Process and everything defined

6. I select the green check mark and get the Error "cannot create this view because of an internal error. Action will be aborted."

I have no idea wht the internal error is.

I have reloaded this program-same thing.

I tried this program on an older slow machine and it works alright. But I need to uise the program on my new machine.

I have checked to see that the projection is parallel.

I am out of ideas.

Thanks

Larry

Hello Larry,

I would suggest that you try first to set your current profile aside.

Stop Modeling

Go to the Application Data folder typing %APPDATA% in a Windows Explorer

Then go to CoCreate\... Modeling ... or PTC\...Modeling... (I don't know the path exactly with Express 6.0).

Below you will find a version folder. Just rename it. If this solution doesn't work, you can rename it back afterwards.

Now start Modeling with a complete new environment.

Do your test again.

If this works, there has been a setting, or something Annotation remembers that causes this error.

Something else that I'm thinking about, is the type of view update you are using.

Try to set it to Classic. You have a videocard that is not supported, to maybe it is trying to use a functionality that doesn't work.

Regards,

Wim

Wim Van Geem wrote:

Go to the Application Data folder typing %APPDATA% in a Windows Explorer

Then go to CoCreate\... Modeling ... or PTC\...Modeling... (I don't know the path exactly with Express 6.0).

Hi, you can find it by this way:

Find customisation directory.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags