cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Exploded View Offset Lines not showing in Drawings

Sorch
1-Newbie

Exploded View Offset Lines not showing in Drawings

To start off I'm working in WF4. I'm trying to make an exploded view with offset lines and put it in a drawing. I have actually acheived this, however WF4 does not like the fact that I'm attempting this with a shaded view.

I've created my exploded view and offset lines and saved the configuration in the view manager. When I insert my view in the drawing and set the Display Style to 'No Hidden' everything works as expected. The problem comes in when I switch the Display Style to 'Shading' the offset lines only show when the model itself is in the exploded state. When the model is in its default state the offset lines in the drawing go away. A further problem is that when I print the drawing to pdf with the shaded view the offset lines print VERY thin and light so you can almost not see them. When I print the drawing in the 'No Hidden' display style the offset lines show up the same blue dashes as in the drawing when I'm working in WF4.

Does anyone have any idea of what's causing this inconsistency? I've contacted PTC and they haven't come up with any solutions at this point.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sorch)

Hello Adam

If you need the exploded states with offset lines do you need create a new Explode state in View Manager. Defaul Explode state does not contains offset lines.
The you can create view in drawing from yours Explode state like "No Hidden View" and "Shaded View".

For correct export to pdf set configuration option:
pen_table_file ...\path on file\pentable.pnt
pdf_use_pentable yes
use_8_plotter_pens yes

Note: pentable.pnt file you can find in attachment

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

While I appreciate the attempt, I have already performed the tasks you've stated. I tried to make that clear in my original post. I have already made a new Explode state in the View Manager that contains my Offset lines. I'm also already using a pen table, however, it doesn't appear that any of the pens in the table actually control the line weight of the Offset lines.

I have a little more information on my issue. When I have the drawing style in "Shading" the Offset lines show up as Dashed lines like they do in the model but seem to print as hidden lines. When I switch to "No Hidden" the Dashed lines turn into what looks like Hidden Lines but print as Dashed lines. I have no explanation for the line style changes but it's a little more information.

Thanks

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Hello

Lines are controled from Exploded states - default lines for Offset lines - two deferent lines in assemble mode, that appear at necessary view - Shading, No Hidden, Hidden, Wireframe:

line_standard-asm.png

In drawing mode it is same - two deferent lines dependent on view display:

line_standard-drw.png

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

So the line style changes normally. That is good to know. However, it does not solve the issue of the lines being very, very light when I print the shaded display style.

Another finding, unless it's my eyes fooling me, is that when I set the system colors to Black on White from Default the Offset lines print slightly darker but still too light.

Thanks

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Hello Adam.

I think currently it is not possible to customize this lines as you need - you can, of course, send enhancement request for it, using the following link:

Enhancement Request Logger

Or you can use ilustration software: Arbortext IsoDraw

Have a nice day.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags