cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Exploded Views in Drawings

fphelps
1-Newbie

Exploded Views in Drawings

Hello All

I am trying to make an exploded view drawing. While I am creating my assembly I put axis in each of the cylindrical parts to make them easy to mate and make my exploded view lines. After this is done and I am making my lines I click on the axis to get simple straight part to part lines. When I do this though the exploded view lines go way past the part. They do not stop at the part like they are supposed to do. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:fphelps)

Hi Frank,

I'm afraid you ended up in the "wrong" community.

Most discussions here are around the ALM Tool "Integrity".

You post seem to be more CAD related.

Regards Matthias

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hello Frank,

I suspect you meant to post this somewhere in the Creo community, so I've moved this thread there.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks so much for the help. Needless to say I was in a bit of a hurry when posting. Thanks again.

Frank,

The way the exploded lines are placed has to do with which end of the axis you click on. When you select the axis, Pro|E immediately assumes that you want the end that is closest to where you clicked (NOT closest to the screen) and will extend your exploded line from there. If this happens to be the opposite end of the axis from where you intended to have the line end, then Pro|E/Creo will extend the line out in the wrong direction before turning back and extending down to your other anchor point.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags