cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Export Part with Assembly Cut to STL

bmortensen
2-Guest

Export Part with Assembly Cut to STL

Hi Everybody!

I have a small Assembly with an Assembly Cut that modifies one of the sub parts.
Is there any way to export the cutted part to STL?

Currently, I only know how to export the base part to STL with Jlink, but would really like STL from the assembly context

Is it possible manually in Proe or with Jlink?

Thanks,
\Bjarne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:bmortensen)

Hi all,

Bjarne,

ProIntfSlicefileExport ( check spelling) called on part model while an assembly containing a cut feature is in session will output stl file of a part as with the void created by the cut regardless of the cut feature settings to 'Top Level' or 'Part Level'. The program flow should be :

- retrieve and assembly

- collect ProAsmcomppath of part components if you need components at the assembly locations or collect ProMdl of part components if the location is irrelevant.

- calculate transformation matrixes if locations are needed

- call ProIntfSliefileExport for each collected ProMdl.

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Bjarne Mortensen:

Hi Everybody!

I have a small Assembly with an Assembly Cut that modifies one of the sub parts.
Is there any way to export the cutted part to STL?

Currently, I only know how to export the base part to STL with Jlink, but would really like STL from the assembly context

Is it possible manually in Proe or with Jlink?

Thanks,
\Bjarne

Top Tags