cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Express 4.0 locking up when generating 2D drawings

ptc-4611292
1-Newbie

Express 4.0 locking up when generating 2D drawings

Hi All, Happy New Year!

I am using Creo Elements direct Modelling Express 4.0 but am unable to generate 2d drawings from a model, even when following the quickstart project with the relevent quickstart example file - whenever I attempt to 'update all views' the program just locks up. I have the same problem with a model I've created.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Ian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This sounds like a platform issue. You might try changing your graphics settings or updating your graphics drivers (or even downgrading). I am not familiar with the Express 4.0 options, but if you can change the OpenGL settings to something else, it might help too.

I have used Express 4.0 for quite a few import projects and created some drawings. I have not had issues on several platforms.

A last resort may be to reload the software, but that really shhouldn't affect anything unless there is an install error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This sounds like a platform issue. You might try changing your graphics settings or updating your graphics drivers (or even downgrading). I am not familiar with the Express 4.0 options, but if you can change the OpenGL settings to something else, it might help too.

I have used Express 4.0 for quite a few import projects and created some drawings. I have not had issues on several platforms.

A last resort may be to reload the software, but that really shhouldn't affect anything unless there is an install error.

Hi Antonius

I reloaded the software which made no difference.

I downloaded the sw onto a different machine and - it works no problem.

So I reduced the hardware acceleration on the original machine and that solved it!

For anyone else with a similar laptop, mine is a dell vostro 1500.

Many thanks for your help!

Ian

Glad you are up and running. Enjoy

Top Tags