cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Express 4.0 locking up when generating 2D drawings

ptc-4611292
1-Newbie

Express 4.0 locking up when generating 2D drawings

Hi All, Happy New Year!

I am using Creo Elements direct Modelling Express 4.0 but am unable to generate 2d drawings from a model, even when following the quickstart project with the relevent quickstart example file - whenever I attempt to 'update all views' the program just locks up. I have the same problem with a model I've created.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Ian

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This sounds like a platform issue. You might try changing your graphics settings or updating your graphics drivers (or even downgrading). I am not familiar with the Express 4.0 options, but if you can change the OpenGL settings to something else, it might help too.

I have used Express 4.0 for quite a few import projects and created some drawings. I have not had issues on several platforms.

A last resort may be to reload the software, but that really shhouldn't affect anything unless there is an install error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This sounds like a platform issue. You might try changing your graphics settings or updating your graphics drivers (or even downgrading). I am not familiar with the Express 4.0 options, but if you can change the OpenGL settings to something else, it might help too.

I have used Express 4.0 for quite a few import projects and created some drawings. I have not had issues on several platforms.

A last resort may be to reload the software, but that really shhouldn't affect anything unless there is an install error.

Hi Antonius

I reloaded the software which made no difference.

I downloaded the sw onto a different machine and - it works no problem.

So I reduced the hardware acceleration on the original machine and that solved it!

For anyone else with a similar laptop, mine is a dell vostro 1500.

Many thanks for your help!

Ian

Glad you are up and running. Enjoy

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags