cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

External reference control for subassembly

lle
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

External reference control for subassembly

This is for Creo 4-M040. I moved some components from an assembly (OA-1) to a subassembly(SA-1). The original assembly has family table. I have two issues:
If the subassembly SA-1 is suppressed in OA-1, it will also failed as a standalone assembly
The subassembly SA-1 were call in some instances but not others. if it is suppressed in the generic, it will failed in the instances

1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:lle)

When you are using subassemblies in a family table you have to make sure that the constraints in the subassemblies are attached to the main assembly and not to the components of the other subassembly. If you have them attached to parts of the subassembly that is suppressed, they will be suppressed also due to those constraints.

Typically I will suppress the first subassembly when setting up the constraints of the optional subassembly to avoid attachment to the wrong components.

Top Tags