cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Family Table with varying external threads

JustinSauber
1-Newbie

Family Table with varying external threads

I have a family of parts that I need to create. Each part has an external thread that varies in size up to 3/8-20. My company has an internal document that governs the undercut length (from pitch of thread) and undercut diameter (from minor diameter). Can anyone offer up some advice as to how to setup the family table and the relations? I am thinking that I am going to have to create a custom table that will be referenced. Does that table need to be internal or external to the part? Is an external reference even possible? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Justin

Creo 2.0

M090

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You can either add the dimensions for the feature to the family table or add references to a UDF that has a family table.

The following is for Creo 3, but the steps are the same:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_lcd_hc/usascii/index.html#page/lcd/layout/fund_ten_sub/To_Create_or_Modify_a_UDF_Family_Table.html

Top Tags