cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Family table instances become standalone parts when saved during assembly use

sean.sullivan
1-Newbie

Family table instances become standalone parts when saved during assembly use

When using family table instances within an assembly, the assembly requires that the instance be checked out in order to perform a save. The instance is somehow being modified, perhaps by dependencies, or otherwise. Once the instance is checked out, and the assembly is saved, the instance is no longer a part of the family table, and becomes a stand alone part. This is causing major issues with family table versions if the instance then gets checked in.

http://communities.ptc.com/videos/2206

The S741.prt instance disconnects itself from the family table when the assembly using the instance is saved. During the example I've only done an edit definition, without changing anything, in order to save the assembly. I cannot figure out why the behavior to modify any of the parts used in the assembly is happening, as nothing has changed.

Has anybody else run across this at all? We are using Wildfire 4.0 M200 and Windchill 9.0 M050.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I have some parts sent to me from a vendor that I would like to rename
(so it's easier for me to identify). When I tried renaming I get this
error...

"Attempt to rename a PDM object

You may not rename an object that is managed by PDM from Pro/Engineer.
Perform the rename from with PDM."

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of this? These parts are obviously
outside their PDM system and will not be returned to them...

Tony

Thanks
Greg

Greg Ames
greg.ames@suburbantool.com
Designer
Suburban Tool & Die
4940 Pacific Ave.
Erie, PA 16506
TEL: 814-833-4882
FAX: 814-833-1370
www.suburbantool.com