cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Family table patternize instance

Jcrisp
1-Newbie

Family table patternize instance

I used the family table patternize instance feature to make several shafts that change with their length. I am making a drawing and I want to pull in and show the incremental value that the patternize feature used. Is there a symbolic name (like &dxxx) for this particular dimension? I've looked several places and can't seem to find anything.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Jcrisp)

You can either:

1. Make a 2D repeat region (these can be confusing, although once setup are fairly easy to copy and paste). Downside is you can't add any extra text (like units, or format cells differently).
  2. You can make a normal table and add the dimension with the session id after it (ie &D200:12). To do this you need to add all of the instances to the drawing and then get the session ID. See this thread for a text file to import with the session IDs. If you are using Creo 8, 9 or 10 you can add the session ID as a column in the model tree. Find the dimension variable number (upper right corner when you click on the dimension in the model) and then add a : and then the session ID
    https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/how-to-find-session-ID/m-p/35187/highlight/true#M57757 

Jcrisp
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Chris3, thanks for the reply. I know how to get the dimension from the family table to show up in my drawing table but what I'm trying to get to show up is the number in the attached picture. As far as I can find, it doesn't have a name that will pull it in to the drawing.

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:Jcrisp)

If no one else here can help I would try opening up a ticket. I am not sure PTC has a variable that can be referenced for that number.

Top Tags