cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Family tables - relation between a parent and child assembly in Creo 8

PF_9790518
3-Visitor

Family tables - relation between a parent and child assembly in Creo 8

I am working on an assembly of a launching mechanism. Within this assembly I have created an assembly for the launch housing, an assembly for the locking mechanism and a parent assembly they both reside in with a series of parts and springs.

In the parent assembly I have constrained the feature that is being pulled and locked into place with 2 constraint sets. "latched" and "unlatched" with the same series of constraints placed on the lock assembly. Within this parent assembly I have created a family table showing the instances of the assembly in both the "latched" and "unlatched" position, also within the lock assembly I have created a family table with similar instances in both the "latched" and "unlatched" position.

The issue arises when I attempt to attach the locking assembly parameters within the parent assembly. Upon adding a table column and defining the addition using the parameter stipulation I select the locking assembly and it does not show a parameter to insert. I have also tried selecting the individual piece within the locking assembly that had been constrained by the "latched" and "unlatched" sets however it also does not show a parameter.

I did find success adding the locking assembly using the component stipulation and it shows on the family table, however, it is only able to control the display of the lock assembly defined by "Y" or "N" and when I override and enter "latched" or "unlatched" results in a failure upon verifying the instance. I also tried the same thing after removing the family table and instances within the locking assembly without success.

Is the only way to control the lock assembly instance within the parent assembly to insert both the locked and unlocked instance within the parent assembly and controlling their display with the "latched" and "unlatched" parent assembly instances respectfully? Or by creating a simple rep?

9eca334c-f8fc-4dfd-a3fc-36aa7971e073.jpg  Lock Assembly - UnlockedLock Assembly - UnlockedLock Assembly - ConstraintsLock Assembly - ConstraintsLock Assembly - Family TableLock Assembly - Family TableParent Assembly - LockedParent Assembly - LockedParent Assembly - UnlockedParent Assembly - UnlockedParent Assembly - ConstraintsParent Assembly - ConstraintsParent Assembly - Family TableParent Assembly - Family Table

1 REPLY 1

IMO, using family tables to generate identical (same part number) assembly in different configurations is not appropriate.

Family tables are meant for managing multiple assemblies which are related/similar/etc... but are assigned different part numbers.

Anyway, long story short - my advice is that you should use mechanism snapshots instead and show those states on your drawing.

Top Tags