cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Feature not visible in assembly

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Feature not visible in assembly

Hello,

I have a pipe assembly and I am trying to create revolved feature at both the ends of pipe. Feature tree is as per attachment.

Issue is that Revolve 2 feature I am not able to visualize in drawing area where all parts are visible. If I am suppressing both revolve along with dependent features and then only resume Revolve 2 feature, same is visible into drawing area as well.

Please note that I have created Revolve 1 and Revolve 2 at each end of pipe. In any case, whenever I create second Revolve, It remains invisible irrespective of pipe end and same can be make visible only if first revolve feature is suppressed.

Please find attached test part with both revolve as reference.

It will be of great help if anyone can suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is interesting because you shouldn't be able to add material using an assembly feature but you where able to accomplish that.

Generally, material is "added" to assemblies by adding parts or other assemblies. Assembly features are for material removal.

*edit

When I look at the volume of the assembly, it equals the volume of the part. I'm thinking that you somehow adding surfaces to the assembly that look like solids.

That's my guess anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Creo 3 help says:

To Create an Assembly Feature

1. Open or activate an assembly.

2. Select a feature from the Datum or Cut & Surface groups.

3. Define the feature. These may be:

◦ Pipe and cosmetic features

◦ Features that remove material

◦ Datum features

* When you create assembly datum curves at the intersection of surfaces, you must select assembly surfaces or features. You cannot reference part surfaces.

◦ User-defined features that do not add material

So adding material by assembly feature is not possible. However, the first feature seems to add material (when Revolve 1 is supressed, Revolve 2 is the first and adds material). Confusing...

Wouldn't it be easier to create the ends as separate parts?

This assembly I have updated (creation of both revolves) through customization using pro toolkit.So, It's not possible to use separate part as per client requirement (end user requirement). I have following questions:

- Is it not possible to do at all whatever I have done? Is this creo limitation?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

This is interesting because you shouldn't be able to add material using an assembly feature but you where able to accomplish that.

Generally, material is "added" to assemblies by adding parts or other assemblies. Assembly features are for material removal.

*edit

When I look at the volume of the assembly, it equals the volume of the part. I'm thinking that you somehow adding surfaces to the assembly that look like solids.

That's my guess anyway.

Thank you guys for your valuable input.

Top Tags