cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Files only are visible when the workspace is inactive, and disappear when workspace is active

KY_11091866
4-Participant

Files only are visible when the workspace is inactive, and disappear when workspace is active

Hello, I've recently had a problem where I would add files to my workspace, but when I open my workspace in Creo, they will only show up if the workspace is inactive. The moment I activate the workspace to open the files in Creo, the files disappear, only to show back up again when I deactivate the workspace. As a result, I am unable to open the files in Creo. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried making new workspaces, reinstalling and uninstalling, etc. I am on Creo 8 and 9.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KY_11091866)

Possibly your local cache is corrupted.

Try deleting the .wf folder  ***WARNING***, IF you have modified objects in any workspace that are NOT uploaded to the server side cache, you will lose those modified objects!

KY_11091866
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thank you so much for your response! Unfortunately, the files are still not showing up after deleting the cache folder, though I'm not sure if I deleted the right one. I deleted the folder that shows up when you do Creo -> File -> Manage Session -> Server Management -> Cache.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Use that path in a file manager and delete the .wf folder.

StephenW_1-1717410481855.png

KY_11091866
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

In addition, when I try to "open in Creo" by opening the file through the windchill commonplace tab in Creo, I get an error that says "Add to workspace failed... Local cache contents need to be synchronized with the workspace." So I for whatever reason it seams I can add to workspaces through a browser, but not through Creo. This is on a new workspace after I've deleted the cache folder and all my old workspaces.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In your Windchill workspace browser, use tool synchronize.

StephenW_0-1717410099516.png

Hello @KY_11091866,

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags