cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Fix Index, ProProcess find numbers

smarienthal
1-Newbie

Fix Index, ProProcess find numbers

My company uses ProProcess to drive our assembly drawings. 

The problem: When I create a drawing using a ProProcess Assembly there is a separate BOM table used for every View.  I am wondering if there is a way to sync all the tables so that when I "fix index" on a part, it will always be that index on every view (every view is driven by a different step and simplified rep and seems to just assign indexes in numerical order unless they are fixed).

My current thinking is that maybe I can create a parameter in the design assembly (similiar to how we do on our pcb assemblies with a ref_des paramater that cannot have any duplicates) and then use that parameter on the tables and make a new bom balloon symbol for the new parameter.

To give an example of how this might be of benefit lets say there is a screw (lets say we want it to be item 1, with a total quantity of 10) used on 3 different steps throughout a drawing, on step 1 there are 2x screws installed, step 3 there are 2x screws intalled, and step 10  there are 6x screws installed.

1. Our drawings will have 3 views driven by different simplified reps

2. Each view would have a related table using the same simplified rep to create bom balloons

3. The problem is that there is no guarantee that each screw would not be synced up as item 1, I currently have to manually fix index on each individual bom to make it item 1.

Related to this question I am also wondering if there is a way to drive Windchill WTPart boms with some sort of "Find Number" parameter.  Right now assuming every part/assy is properly owner linked to a WTP, I can create a driven bom, but i have to manually input the Find Numbers.

Thanks

-Scott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Scott

We use a custom BOM balloon showing the part number and qty, all our stock on the cell is driven by part numbers so there is no confusion

regards

graham

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:smarienthal)

Its not easy, but you might want to read through these:

Component Parameter in repeat Region - BOM Balloons

Here are some other related articles:

Find_and_Line_number_support.pdf

Assembly Component Find Number Question

Top Tags