cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Fix all parts in an assembly

eneskilinc
3-Visitor

Fix all parts in an assembly

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with fixing parts in Creo Parametric 6.0. We are a team which works on chassis manufacturing and we have a lot of parts in our assembly files. Sometimes we have some reference issues and we have to delete all constraints and fix all parts in assembly. I created a mapkey for this but it just does one part with one keytap. So we need to fix all the parts but faster. We are using Windchill PLM by the way. (If you need this information.) Thanks in advance for the help!

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

possible solution:

• expand the contents of Model tree
  • save the contents of Model tree into txt file
  • run program (developed by you) which reads txt file, extracts part names and generates trail file
  • play trail file

The block of trail file lines related to single part should contain:

• selection of part using Search dialog
  • running of your mapkey

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your help, 

I created txt file but I don't think it is possible to exract part names with mapkey command. I tried to copy and paste in mapkey but I think it does not work. Maybe I need an API or something but I don't know how can I do it. 

And I cant see any trail file in working directory. 

Yes I can see part numbers also I can export them with PLM but I couldnt make mapkey to read that part numbers. 

Maybe you can explain a bit detailed or if anyone could help, it will save me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

Enes

Hi,

please send me your mapkey (mapkey use to fix component position).

Martin Hanák

Hi,

There is mapkey codes from config.pro

This mapkey first goes to edit definition

Delete all constraints and fix and confirm.

mapkey f @MAPKEY_LABELfix;\
mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node12`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `PM_PHTLeft.AssyTree` 1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `PM_PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `PM_PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRedefine@PopupMenuTree` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `chkbn.ScrLayout.0` 1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0` 1 `PH.PIM_chk.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.DELETE_PB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.L.S.l0.comp_ref_represent.l0.s0` `0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.L.S.l0.comp_ref_represent.l0.s0` ``;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.pop_constr_offset_type`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.pop_constr_offset_type`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ScrLayout.3.0` `PH.pop_constr_offset_type` 1 `Fixed`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `dashInst0.stdbtn_1`;

Enes

Hi,

I cannot use your mapkey because it is related to your data.

I prepared test dataset and video. You can download zip file, unpack it and investigate it.

Step shown in video

1. import x20240930.stp as assembly
  2. expand the contents of Model tree
  3. save the contents of Model tree into x20240930_treetool.txt
  4. run x_gen_fix_trail.exe ... it generates x20240930_trail.txt
  5. play x20240930_trail.txt trail file in Creo 
  6. Fix constraints is set for six components

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I tried to do it but i am not good at coding. By the way i tried to understand and do things as the same in video. But it didn't worked for me. Also we are not able to run any .exe files in our computers because of security. Maybe I can talk to them but it is still really hard for me to do coding. 😄

So, thank you for your help. I will post another topic when I talk to IT. And maybe we can work on an API, J-Link or something. 

Thank you very much for your support. I will be in touch.

Enes

@eneskilinc wrote:

Hi Martin,

I tried to do it but i am not good at coding. By the way i tried to understand and do things as the same in video. But it didn't worked for me. Also we are not able to run any .exe files in our computers because of security. Maybe I can talk to them but it is still really hard for me to do coding. 😄

So, thank you for your help. I will post another topic when I talk to IT. And maybe we can work on an API, J-Link or something. 

Thank you very much for your support. I will be in touch.

Enes

Hi,

one more information...

If user is able to extract requested code from trail file -AND- Excel is installed on user's computer -THEN- user can use Excel to generate "automating" trail file.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags