cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Flexible Component

LJ_10823216
4-Participant

Flexible Component

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

In my main assembly I am trying to assemble jumpers assembly as a flexible component. Earthing jumpers are two sub-components, so I am trying to assemble in different lengths and directions. I am able to constrain distance and it works fine, but direction of the subcomponents will be different, I cannot rotate subcomponents, only earthing jumper rotates. For example, in the first position Earthing jumpers have two subcomponents, component 1 should have an angle offset of 35 degrees and component 2 should have an angle off set of 65 degrees. In the second position, in the same way, component 1 of Earthing jumpers should have an angle off set of 45 degrees and component 2 should have an angle off set of 25 degrees. Let me know what is the best way to keep them consistent.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:LJ_10823216)

If you include an image of what you have and what you need to accomplish, maybe that will help get a response. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:LJ_10823216)

First, I would suggest predefining the flexibility in the subassembly. (File/Prepare/Model Properties and select change for flexible in the tools section.)

Second, to get the angle of a subcomponent to flex, you need to select the component using query select or selecting it in the model tree.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hello,

Try use "PTC_CONSTRAINT_SET" refer to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS46389 

Top Tags