cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Flexible component issue in subassemblies

MA_9963713
3-Visitor

Flexible component issue in subassemblies

Hi!

I'm finding some problems using flexibility. Here is what I'm doing

- In the main assembly (PIC1 (1)) I use some parameters to define different variants

- This parameters go downstream by the relations (see PIC2) until subassemblies 3 to 10 in PIC1

- Then, in PRO/PROGRAM, I use IF statements to add or suppress components

This work all fine, but now I'm trying to improve it making it flexible. So I apply Var Items to The parameters I'm using in the relations.

Now comes the issue, just 4, 7 and 10 subassemblies are driven by flexibility while 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9 not. The relations are equally applied and the programming is equal. Do you know which could be the reason of not be driven, or what conditions are neccessary to have them driven?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Despite your fairly lengthy explanation of the issue, there are several points still unclear.

The main one being that you don't say what it is specifically that isn't working...

Perhaps you could publish illustrations or a proxy-model?

I found a frequent issue with flexible component components, especially as you go down into sub-assembly levels, is related to _not_ creating and using the associated component parameter to drive the state of the flexible component instance via relations.  The result is cryptic error messages in the status bar and components generally acting weird - such as assuming the configuration of the base model, or the latest regenerated state, or weird stuff like that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Despite your fairly lengthy explanation of the issue, there are several points still unclear.

The main one being that you don't say what it is specifically that isn't working...

Perhaps you could publish illustrations or a proxy-model?

I found a frequent issue with flexible component components, especially as you go down into sub-assembly levels, is related to _not_ creating and using the associated component parameter to drive the state of the flexible component instance via relations.  The result is cryptic error messages in the status bar and components generally acting weird - such as assuming the configuration of the base model, or the latest regenerated state, or weird stuff like that.

Thanks for the answer!

Mainly the issue is that the subassemblies that should be driven but they're not are not affected by the Var Items new values implemented upstream. I'm experiencing same weird behaviour as you describe, so probably combine flexibility and relations leads this. That was my initial conclusion.

Unfortunately I can't share more information due to confidentiality. Sorry

Well, I suggest you search this forum for "associated parameter" and review the posts related to "flexibility".

There will be numerous results, for example:

Flexibility, Assembly, and Associated Parameters - How? 

Top Tags