cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

For Pro/ENGINEER Users, PTC Creo Parametric has new Cross Sectioning features

tmckeown
5-Regular Member

For Pro/ENGINEER Users, PTC Creo Parametric has new Cross Sectioning features

Hello Pro/E users,

I wanted to share updates to cross sectioning that are available in PTC Creo Parametric compared to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0. These are designed to make the process of creating and building cross sections much easier, simpler, and intuitive.

The updates come under a couple of categories:

Presets - Users now have presets for cross sections on the x,y, or z plane or they can simply select any planar surface as a reference.

3D dragging - a 3D dragging tool to adjust the position of a cross section, see what’s going on inside of it, and make sure interferences and clearances are correct

2D window - A 2D window inside the graphic screen shows the 2D profile of the section and highlights any areas which may interfere

Automatic referencing – Any cross section that is built is automatically added to the bottom of the model tree. This allow users to easily redefine cross sections or turn them on or off without searching for them.

The following video explains the changes in more detail :

I hope these new features pique your interest.

Enjoy!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:tmckeown)

They pique my annoyance!

Simply editing the x hatching of a section now is a pain in the butt. I have a mapkey in Wildfire and earlier, which I have had for years, which scrolls through the hatched parts of an assembly, retrieving a saved section, applying it, moving on to the next then retrieving an opposing section, and so on. Wasn't perfect but it used to make hatching much neater than the hatch patterns that randomly appear in a new section. But there is no linear way to scroll through the parts of a sectioned assembly. You have to pick them on the screen, and good luck with that.

Top Tags