cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Format for Drawing Template

lsnell
1-Newbie

Format for Drawing Template

I have watched several videos for creating a format. They use a table for the boundary and the drawing title box. Several issues arise that i just don't seem to find addressed.

1) It seem like the boundary cell is on top of the title block table and the only way to access the title block is to drag the boundary table to the side.

2) Once I use the format to put a part in, how do I edit the table with the specifics of the part that are not part of the basic information of the table? I was hoping to click, double click the table and enter information. The information from the part, scale, sheet number, name, drawing number are all working well.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:lsnell)

The boundry/border is sketched or imported from a DXF file if you have AutoCAD available.

The title block, tolerance block. material block, revision block and BOM are all tables aligned with the lines of the border.

The information to be included in your table cells must be parameters I either your model or drawing file. Once the format is used in a drawing, you can then fill in the parameter values and they will populate the drawing table cells.

It may be a good idea to create a drawing template file so the parameters are in the template, then when you use the template for a new drawing, it has all of the information. In our templates, we have additional notes added that are usually used, but may not be. Easier to delete a symbol than browse and add one.

Top Tags