cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Frequent Fatal Errors

DS_9172866
3-Visitor

Frequent Fatal Errors

I am using Creo Parametric 3.0 M090

We are having an issue with a high number of fatal errors on our machines. I was wondering if there is a way to diagnose this?

Here are the errors that I faced
fatal error

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:DS_9172866)

If it is generating a traceback.log in your working directory, you can send that file to PTC Support and they may be able to help. Generally, the user community can't interpret tracebacks.

You may also want to try a different build code. I don't know how good M090 was or if upgrading (or downgrading) to a different build code would help but if the crashes are persistent on different models/different computers, it is definitely worth a try.

Do you know where I do that?  It only gives me the option to post to the community when I try to submit a case.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Ah, it's because you are using Creo 3. Creo 3 is completely outside of support, even extended support.

So....well, the main cause of problems with Creo is graphics card/graphics driver issues. If you can update your graphics drivers, that may help.

You can test if graphics is the issue by adding the option GRAPHICS Win32_GDI

Its a hidden option so its usually easier to use a text editor and copy / paste it in to the config.pro.

If the fatal errors stop, then you definitely have a graphics issue. Remove the option from your config.pro then update your graphics drivers. 

If you leave the graphics option in your config, you may not have as many fatal errors, but your creo will likely be really slow.

ElliotFinchMT
5-Regular Member

This most likely wont be relevant, but I thought it may be worth a shot as I'm not sure the specifics of your errors.

I can get repeatable fatal errors on drawings by zooming in and out too far!

After contacting support about it and doing some troubleshooting we found that it was linked to my display resolution. 

Anything over 1080p seems to be able to kill a drawing for me.

Working on a 4k screen, I am saving constantly!

Again, not knowing the specifics of your errors its unlikely this will help you, but on the off chance it does.... nice.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags