cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

GD&T Annotation Users in Creo/Pro: Please Read

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

GD&T Annotation Users in Creo/Pro: Please Read

If you use GD&T in your drawings and you've had a hard crash of Creo, please post here.

Issue: Creo crashes when manipulating the datum tag created in the model.

Symptoms: While moving datum tag in a drawing, the system freezes and then crashes.

This is not easy to reproduce and support can't do anything without "seeing" it.

I need to know that I am not the only one.

I know not many of you use these features, or even use Creo yet. So if anyone else has the issue, this will be significant.

It has happened to me 3 times already, loosing all unsaved data and a possibly corrupt drawing file.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Hi Antonius,
which version are you referring to?

CreoElements Pro 5.0? (former WF5) or Creo 1.0 or 2.0?

In my case Creo 2.0 M010. I suspect this issue has been around for a while though.

I found a repeatable way to create the crash. Let's see what PTC does about it.

I love where this message telling you to send the traceback.log to tech support and tech support tells you they can't do anything with the file and puts the case on hold. Go figure!

Fatal_error.JPG

I was finally able to reproduce the error and submitted it with both cad files, error log, and trail file. If they can't figure this out from there, PTC has a bigger problem than anyone can imagine.

I've recently had this same crash using Creo Parametric 2.0, I just don't have PTC support in my particular institution. Is there still no solution?

My solution was a symbol for the datum tag.  I am not sure if anything changed in Creo 2 or 3.

Top Tags