cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

GD& T Advisor - Countsunk Hole

MYR_Industries
7-Bedrock

GD& T Advisor - Countsunk Hole

What is the reference dimension I am missing for a counter sunk hole?  From the picture it looks like the surface, but I tried that.

CREO1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MYR_Industries 

I believe that the reference that is mentioned here talks about the reference datum plane (as shown in the image). 

Please try to define the top planar surface as a tolerance feature in GD&T Advisor (e.g. as Flatness)  and make sure that it is defined before the feature that you are creating for this counter sink hole. I believe that this should resolve the problem and you would not really need to define any "reference" dimension in order to complete the feature

Best regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @MYR_Industries 

I believe that the reference that is mentioned here talks about the reference datum plane (as shown in the image). 

Please try to define the top planar surface as a tolerance feature in GD&T Advisor (e.g. as Flatness)  and make sure that it is defined before the feature that you are creating for this counter sink hole. I believe that this should resolve the problem and you would not really need to define any "reference" dimension in order to complete the feature

Best regards,

Michael

Top Tags