cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

GD&T-Advisor: Self-Referential Datum Features

MichaelKoch
2-Guest

GD&T-Advisor: Self-Referential Datum Features

Hello GD&T experts!

I am using Creo 9.0.8.0 and I am working with the GD&T Advisor.

I would like to do what is written in the help (see link below: section "Define Self-Referential Datum Features" is working with two different diameters for the sections of the shaft)

The difference is that I don't want to use two diameters of different sizes, but two bearing seats of the same size (possibly with different tolerance zones, but Creo doesn't recognise this as a difference).

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/?_gl=1*124c2gq*_ga*MjA2NDk4NTk0NC4xNzE0NTcyMjQ2*_ga_7NMP2MSYPM*MTcxNTYyMDk0My40LjEuMTcxNTYyMTM3NC40MC4wLjA.*_ga_CBN5QVB9VJ*MTcxNTYyMDk1Mi4yLjEuMTcxNTYyMTM3NC4wLjAuMA..#page/model-based_definition/alternate_workflows.html#

==> "Define Self-Referential Datum Features"

The workflow in the help creates a cylindrical group with two different diameters, to which I can assign separate references etc., but with two identical diameters a co-cylindrical group with 2x and only one diameter (which might be ok with a through bore, but not with two bearing seats where one is j6 and the other k6 toleranced). I can't change the type of the group, and first create the cylindrical assembly with 2 diameters and then change it to the same diameter,

Creo acknowledges this with lots of red lines ...

Any idea how to make such a definition with two identical diameters?

Thanks a lot for your help and hints!

Best regards

Michael

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags