cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Graphical error in appearance manager

DareDevil
1-Newbie

Graphical error in appearance manager

I get this strange graphical error in my appearance manager. Does anybody have any clue?

colors_error_in_graphics.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

I've posted about this before but cannot find it.

It's a Win 7 issue. What version and datecode are you using? This doesn't affect performance, it just looks crummy.

Sorry, I couldn't find it either. Anyway tanks for the pointer. To day I am running Creo Elements 5.0 M120 but I am trying out Creo Parametric 2.0 and I get the same crummy error. As you said, It doesn't affect performance, and some times it doesn't appear at all, but when it dose, it looks cheap...

I run Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1

Hi Daniel

Are you using a certified graphic driver?

You can also try to start Creo in different compatibility mode in win 7.

Regards

Johannes

How do you mean by different compability mode in Win 7?

I have used a certified driver, but no difference. It has not always been like this, but I can't really remember when it appeared.

Maybe it has when I updated Creo from M80 to M120 to prepare for the update of Windchill.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-windows

Most easy way are to right-click and select properties on Creo start icon

Are you on 64 bit Win 7?

We had this issue with M080. We are now on datecode M130 and no longer have the issue.

Aero or non-Aero seemed to have no effect for us.

Yes, I am runing 64bit Win 7. The funny thing is that sometimes it looks just fine. I will try to run M130

Aha! I had posted it on the proecad exploder list; here's the reply that seemed to work for people.

This issue has always occurred on our 64-bit machines (never on our 32-bit ones).

I put the following into our config.pro:

web_browser_homepage about:blank

and the issue goes away!

We had another problem in which creation of a STEP file of a particular model caused Pro/E to exit but only on 64-bit machines. Amazingly we isolated it to the web browser home just like this problem. If we switched to a text-only homepage the issue was fixed.

Please add this to your config and see if it works for you!

Maybe it helps, if you change the display style to a non-aero style.

Top Tags