cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Having problems with blocks in BID to WID diagrams

glászló
4-Participant

Having problems with blocks in BID to WID diagrams

Hi  everyone!

I'm making the WID diagrams from my block diagram, and I have a block (a transformer) that has a block and a wiring shape too. If I make the report of the corresponding harness, and trying to put the wiring shape of the transformer to the wiring diagram, schematics puts the block shape to the sheet instead of letting me choose the correct shape (like it does with connectors). The sheet I'm working on is set to wiring, the block has two shapes one is set to block, the other is set to wiring, everything looks fine, but it doesn't work. Is it because the transformer should be a groupshape like connectors? Although this transformer is unique, it has fixed port numbers, so I don't think it should be a group.

Thanks!
Laszlo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Laszlo,

which version of Creo Schematics you are using?

i have tested this flow in Creo Schematics 3.0 M020 - and it works fine..

Regards ,

Gaby.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi Gaby,

I'm using Schematics 3.0 M020. Recently I noticed, that I can change the shape type in the upper right corner. I didn't realized this earlier. The only thing I don't understand, is why do schematics displays the correct (in this case wiring) shape at first when I'm placing variable connector shapes in wiring from BID, and why it doesn't when I'm trying to place block artifacts to wiring from BID. Here are some pictures: BID to WID1.JPGBID to WID2.JPG

As you can see, I've made a unique artifact as a block (it has two shapes one is set to block the other is set to wiring just like the variable connector shape), if I try to put the wiring representation in the WID diagram schematics displays the block shape automatically, not the wiring. But If I do the same with the variable connectors, it works fine, displays the wiring rep., so I don't have to change it manually. Although I consider this problem as solved, because as I mentioned I've discovered the drop down in the corner where I can change to the desired shape type.

Thanks for the answer!

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Tested it again also with Block and it seems to be working fine.

when placing another shape of selected artifact, the default filter of  diagram type shown in 'Select Shape'  dialog is driven from the diagram type of the current open sheet- check that your current open sheet is diagram type is Wiring (in sheet properties).

Regards,

Gaby

glászló
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi!

As I mentioned in my first "comment" the sheet's diagram type is set to wiring, and I'm aware that the automatic shape selection is driven by the diag. type, that's why I don't understand the behavior of schematics. But I've tried the procedure with a few different blocks, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe some of my artifact settings are wrong, although I checked the ones I've tried, and still cant find any difference between the working ones and the wrong ones. s!

Thans!
Laszlo

Top Tags