cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hello I'm new to Creo and I'm trying to create the top arch feature in the figure. I made a triangle and I don't know how to dimension it.

jviduya
1-Newbie

Hello I'm new to Creo and I'm trying to create the top arch feature in the figure. I made a triangle and I don't know how to dimension it.

image.jpg

im not sure what to do. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciate! Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jviduya)

Are you running a student version?

You may want to attached some screen dumps of your history tree and where you are getting stuck.

If not, you can always attach the file for people to look at.

‌Yes. I am using the student version. Now I just need to make the arch extrude. Thank you!

Jessica,

If I understand correctly, you will need to make a datum plane at an angle of 45 degrees along the edge, specified in the image below.  Then use this datum plane as the sketching reference.

Amit

community.jpg

You should get something like this:

model.jpg

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:jviduya)

jessica.jpg

This might help.If you have drawn a triangle,just select the angular face for sketch as highlighted in the image and cut it up to the selected face as shown in image.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rohit_rajan)

From the triangle, you could also radius the 2 back edges to get the round.

Top Tags