cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Help creating a General Blend Wall that can be flattened

David_M
5-Regular Member

Help creating a General Blend Wall that can be flattened

Hi

I'm a bit stuck creating a sheet metal part that can be flattened. What I've got is a shape which is to be bent (or formed) so that the radius on one side is greater than the radius on the other. I've attached the geometry before the sheetmeal feature / conversion. Please could someone help?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

Not doing so well with the wall itself at this point, let alone flattening it.

James62
10-Marble

Hello David,

I think it's a problem with continuity of your blend and that's why it can't be flattened. The resulting offset surface from this blend you have created is propably too complicated.

See isocurves of your surface bellow:

yours.jpg

This is not created in Pro/E but there should be tools for showing and changing the isocurves, grades of your surface boundary lines/curves, amount of control points they are made of, etc.

You might wanna achieve something like this:

modified.jpg

But even this might not work for you and the offset feature might not be flattenable as there's still too many isocurves in one direction.

I am very new to Pro/E so can't help you there. I used Rhinoceros to create that surface.

David_M
5-Regular Member

It turns out that the only problem was that I'd selected one of the curves twice, and the Blend Wall actually forms correctly and flattens, which is good news.

Just in response to Jakub, thanks for your response. Offset Walls often don't flatten unless they are offset from existing sheet meal geometry, which is why I wanted to use a Blend Wall. Usually if a Blend Wall can be built it will flatten.

Thanks

Top Tags