cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Help with Creating Hydraulic Schematics in Creo Schematics

Manitowoc
1-Newbie

Help with Creating Hydraulic Schematics in Creo Schematics

Recently our internal hydraulics group was informed that Creo Schematics 2.0 will be the new tool for creating hydraulic schematics. Unfortunately I have little experience with this software but I am very familiar with other PTC products such as Pro-E wildfire 4 and now Creo 2.0. Does anyone in the PTC community have some on how to make hydraulic schematics in Creo 2.0 without purchasing the symbol library offering from virtual interconnect? Specifically I am looking for help on the following topics:

Creating and modifying ISO 1219 hydraulic schematic symbols

Importing previous RSD files into Creo Schematics

Setting up a library or catalog of symbols for the rest of our hydraulics group to use to creating hydraulic schematics

Building new schematic symbols from existing library symbols

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi

You do not need to import RSD designs, you simply open then Creo Schematics.

I would seriously compare the cost to manually create the library against purchasing the library. I would expect the purchase cost to be much cheaper.

However if you want to create your own symbols then in the basic tutorial there is an exercise on how to draw lines, create ports etc.

If you need help drawing a particular symbol then please let me know

cheers

Jim

How about delivering a those basic hydraulics and pneumatics symbols as an part of Creo Schematics - rather than support the sales of one reseller? Then the user adoption might be boosted as well...

Jim Barrett-Smith‌, Do you or anyone else have suggestions on were to purchase ISO 1219 symbols compatible with Creo?  I found:

Component Libraries - Symbol Libraries - ISO 1219-1 Library - Virtual Interconnect Shop

but it looks like it requires Creo Schematic, which we don't seem to have a license to and are not likely to purchase it just to access iso schematic symbols.

Any other ideas?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Melissa,

What did you end up doing? How is Creo Schematic for hydraulic symbols? Did you decide to purchase the symbols from a company, if so how do you like it? Who did you go with?

We do not have Creo Schematic, so are drawing our symbols in Creo Parametric using the symbol editor. One thing we use extensively is the groups so that we can have one symbol toggle options so it is in effect a combination of about 10-15 options. Although setting up groups is very time consuming and tedious, the finished product we use many times (with various options) so saves more time in the long run.

I am interested in what you have learned through working with Creo Schematic and also if you purchased anything that you like to help.

Thanks,

Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

Lawrence Srutkowski @,

Possibly not relevant to you now but it may help others reading it. Our company bought the piping module, paid for the piping course only to realise that the schematic side was not covered. We then were suggested to take the schematic training course. It's simply one cost after another.

We only wanted to draw a simple P&ID schematic and piping for our assembly. About 8 circuits and probably no more than 3 types of components. Not forgetting thereafter we should buy the symbols for schematic as it is not included part of the package. Both piping and schematic have been made in such a way that it's difficult to self learn it to even get started.

Point I am trying to make is it's very costly once you are in. And they cannot be easily self taught and not much material is out on the web for tutorials (curious to know why that is the case).

I am absolutely appalled by this. I still believe Creo itself is a great software regardless.

Sadik

dhermosillo
13-Aquamarine
(To:Manitowoc)

Melissa,

I'm curious about how your experience with Creo Schematics for Hydraulics went as well.

Any updates?

-Domingo

See above reply to lawrence. I couldn't find you on the mention list.

Regards,
Sadik

Top Tags