cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help with modelling a spring with pigtail and square ends

nisse100
2-Guest

Help with modelling a spring with pigtail and square ends

Hi, I'm a student in Sweden that need help with modeling a helical spring with pigtail and square ends at the top and the bottom of the spring. I understand how to create a helical spring but I don't understand how I create square and pigtail ends. If someone could help me with this it would be great.

If someone is wondering what I mean by pigtail and square ends then here's some pictures of the different types:

Pigtail - Album on Imgur

http://imgur.com/7wPc6WS

4 REPLIES 4
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:nisse100)

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Use helical sweep with varying pitch and trim the ends with an extrude cut.

Capture.JPG

There is always more to learn in Creo.

What Kevin said.

Plus keep in mind the helix will follow the sweep profile so a straight line will

create a simple spring, or you can go with something like this

tgriffin
4-Participant

Attached is a helical sweep with the ends set like you want.  Below shows the profile sketch, this is how you get the diameter of the sweep to decrease at the ends.  I have also set pitch points within the sweep to make the coils closer together at the ends, and then after the sweep feature is completed, you can square the ends by creating planes and using solidify to remove material.

helical_sweep.jpghelical_sweep2.jpg

Top Tags