cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Hidden lines in a drawing view

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Hidden lines in a drawing view

Hi all,

is it possible to change the line style of hidden lines in a drawing view? i have a drawing view where i want some hidden lines to appear as a solid line & not dotted/dashed as would be the norm for hidden lines. I have been searching for an answer, but as yet, nothing. Can this even be done?

Thank you in advance

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I think that you are looking for edge display. In WF 5.0 it is on the layout tab in the format box. After clicking on it you get the following menu:

New Picture (41).bmp

You would then select the display mode desired and then select the edges of the model to which you want to apply the style. It is also available in earlier versions; it is under View>Drawing Display>Edge Display.

Hope this helps you out.

-Greg

Thank you for the reply Gregory. Yes, that works for edges, but not for sketches. The hidden lines i am trying to show as solid lines are in fact sketched text, & this approach does not appear to work. Any ideas?

Regards

John

Have you tried to change the line style in the part model. Highlight the sketch RMB>Properties. There you can set the line style for the sketch to geometry if that is what you are looking for. Seems to work here in WF5.0.

Hope this helps.

-Greg

yes, that worked in the model, but when i try to change the line style in the drawing, the lines are still treated as a sketch & not edges that can be changed using edge/display. a different approach is required i think. thank you for your help Gregory.

Regards

John

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags