cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Hide section outline in model

Dandiddly
3-Visitor

Hide section outline in model

Hi all,

Is there a way to turn off the section outline in Creo 3.0. I have found that you can change the colour by  changing the "Letter" colour in Options>system colours>graphics. I have also played with the hatching on/off.

However this doesn't solve my problem; my problem is that the section outline is visible "through" the part when viewed from the rear, see attached "section" and "section reverse" for both sides of the model.

Worse still, if I want to exclude parts from the section, you can see the outline behind the excluded part. See the "excluded part" attachment.

What I would like to do is have the outline only visible from the side of the section or even remove this outline completely.

The same happens on other machines on site so I'm guessing Creo is working as designed and there are no GPU driver bugs. I'm hoping there is a setting somewhere that will remove the outline. Other than that I guess I could section the model with an extruded cut, which seems a bit clunky!

Thanks in advance!

Dan

1 REPLY 1

When you create a section, it "activates" it, making it visible. You can deactivate it later by picking on the section in the model tree and right clicking on the mouse. It will bring up the menu shown in the attached image. Thus you can turn the section on and off at will.

As for the section showing "thru" a solid part or parts, that seems to be normal function. Weird, but for Creo, normal.

Top Tags