cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Hiding all threads in an assembly quickly.

MichaelMontagna
1-Newbie

Hiding all threads in an assembly quickly.

Hello all! I have struggeled with this long enough!

I am now on Creo 3.0 but I have had this issue for awhile.

I have a mold assembly with several plates. All of which have both cosmetic threads AND holes with threads. When I am in hidden line or no hidden line view, I would love to be able to hide all these pesky purple surfaces so I can see the assembly better. When I section and try and do a quick print, of course they are in the way of a clear view. I thought I could put all these surfaces on a layer. I have tried searching for these threads in rules, layers in many different ways to no avail. I will attach some images that will belter tell the story. There are way too many threads to pick one by one. I need something to select and hide them globally in the assembly. The pics attached are of my assembly plus one of the rules I tried to create which seems to pic like half of the threads. They highlight. They seem to be on the layer. but they will not hide in the assembly model! Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Jeff had the technique that did the trick. See Fast HLR settings per attached images. Thanks Jeff. Thanks all who responded.

Just to answer the question that was asked about layers.

This config file with the mapkey /lay_threadsshould generate a layer that will allow hiding all the threads.

The additional /resetfind mapkey is used by /lay_threads.

Top Tags