cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hiding datum around drawing dimension

ptc-5471878
1-Newbie

Hiding datum around drawing dimension

I have a dimension that is on top of a model datum in my drawing. Is there a way to hide the datum around the dimension so the dimension is not cut in half.

If you look at the picture the .7504 dimension is being cut in half by the datum. I want it to look like the .740 dimension with the area around the dimension clear.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Can you move the axis endpoint? Or use a break feature around the dimension on the axis.

Edit, never mind; you can only move the end of the axis. If you have a few spare axes, you can use a second one beyond the dimension.

Looks like there isn't an easy way. I was looking at an old engineers drawing and thought that the dimension I was looking at was hiding the datum it was on. But it turned out to be two datums.

Thanks though

As mentioned by Antonius Dirriwachter, should not the break function do the job?

Top Tags