cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hole Note Updates / Follow Up

jlippeth
1-Newbie

Hole Note Updates / Follow Up

More news on .hol files

When I created and tested my .hol files they worked good for the most part

The NPT hole note displayed depths from two different surfaces so I reported it to PTC and an SPR was filed

(SPR 2125605)

What I am seeing now with the counter bore notes inperticular is the decimal display call out for the fractional drill size.

The line in my UNC.hol file for a basic counter bore is;

C'BORE FOR &FASTENER_ID SHCS /DRILL &Number_Size (&Diameter) &VAR_DEPTH&DRILL_DEPTH/<ctrl-a>v<ctrl-b><ctrl-a>n<ctrl-b> &Cbore_diameter X &Cbore_depth<ctrl-a>x<ctrl-b>

For a ¼-20 SHCS it should display the note like below (counter bore and depth symbol is close for the example)

C’BORE FOR ¼-20 SHCS

DRILL 17/64 (.265) THRU

UØ0.438 X 0.281i

See attached image for current results (1.250000) eah?

This call out worked prior to Creo elements/pro 5.0 M110

I also tried on Creo Parametric 2.0 M010 with no success

Is there a way to use the Close_Dec or Free_Dec sizes in my call out?

Thanks

(JScott)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags