cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hole on curved surface

KrisR
1-Newbie

Hole on curved surface

Argghhhh.....

1.png

I need a hole pointing downwards at the point specified in the image above. Pro will allow me to chose that point, but puts the hole horizontal instead of vertical.

2.png

Can someone please assist with information on how I'd get this hole to face downwards? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

What references are used to define your point? Choose edit definition of the point and take a screenshot of the point and it's reference menu, please.

Kevin
10-Marble

You can place an axis feature through the point. You may also need planes for placement and stop points.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

I ended up making a plane tanget to the surface and though the point. Then I placed the hole on the plane.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Forget the plane and use the point as the reference for your hole. The center of the hole will pass through the center of the curved surface that the point lies on.

Update: I later realized that is probably what you did in first place, but it should work. Something is amiss.

Kevin
10-Marble

I think I misunderstood what you were trying to do based on your description. Not use to it being described as a hole placed vertical to a curved surface.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

A point and an axis may have worked, too. I'll have to try that!

Top Tags