cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How can I find non-geometry differences between files

mrossman
3-Visitor

How can I find non-geometry differences between files

We have two sets of CAD data, one of them inherited common parts from the other, but over time they have evolved separately.  We have been comparing the Geometry inside Creo, but I'm looking for an easy way to find non-geometry differences, en mass.  I've started looking at how to use the VBA access to get to things like the parameters, but I don't even know if that includes everything we should look at.  I've also noticed that one of file has a version with the DBID as Intralink and is a much larger file, stipping that data would be helpful as well.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, or have a good VBA for Creo Introduction?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Try the "compare part by feature" command.  It will list differences in layers, views, parameters, etc.  (TOOLS - COMPARE PART - BY FEATURE).

Oops...didn't read your message closely enough the first time to notice the "en mass" requirement.  The "compare part" command will only compare two parts at a time.

It helps, but it is several hundred parts.

Perhaps, I am not really certain as it still has me a bit confused, the use of ModelCheck may be helpful.

I know this would only work as you open/close models/drawings, but a thought worth mentioning.

Is there at least a way to show more then just the part name on the report?  It would be nice to at least show the path of the models being compared as I'm comparing duplicate parts.

Were it up to me I would use AutoIt to drive a couple of mapkeys and to fill in the model names. Since AutoIt will know the names ahead of time it will also be able to relate that to the resulting report, and can either edit the report, or deal with it some other clever way.

A similar thing might be done with any number of other programs, but It seems to me that it would take a lot more effort.

Top Tags