cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can I model in metric and get an english BOM

zhumphrey
1-Newbie

How can I model in metric and get an english BOM

For the company I work for we are being asked to model everything in metric, but I need to have BOM that show up in English so we can order the proper tube sizes.  Is there a way to have a one click change that will convert the BOM from English and then I can click it again and get it in Metric?

We are currently using Creo 2.0.  All of our models are parametrically driven, and I was able to make it so that we have 2 different BOMS, but when you have huge assemblies it is really a hassle to place 2 different BOMS and Balloons and the layer On/Off the ones you want to see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Yeah. You'd have to define a set of repeat region relations that you'd need to add to the repeat region once doing this switch and remove these relations when you'd need to switch back. If you need that to be one click change, then that can be pretty much done as well, the only tricky part is the moment a user selects the repeat region, that's when the mapkey might need to be paused.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:zhumphrey)

You wouldn't need to remove the relations, if you put a condition in them:

In the table, use rpt.rel.tubesize

In the relations, add a local parameter english type yes/no.  Have the relations go:

english=yes

tubesize=[however you would get the tube size from the model]

if (english)

tubesize = tubesize / 25.4

/* and maybe something about rounding to the desired # of digits)

endif

to swap between english and metric, just change the english=yes line.

cchen-2
4-Participant
(To:zhumphrey)

You can directly display double size

dual_dimensioning PRIMARY[SECONDARY]

dual_secondary_units INCH

Top Tags