cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can i have parametric annotations in my drawing ?

sarfaoui
1-Newbie

How can i have parametric annotations in my drawing ?

Hi everyone, I have a question about drawing in Creo.

Basically let's suppose i have a rectangle extruded L=8 l=7 and H=B-16 (B is one of my parameters)

So if i have B=18 it means H=2 right ?

My problem is, when i want to do the drawing with the annotations, when i want to see the lenght of the extrusion, i have H=2 instead of H=B-16 (which is what i want to see).

Can someone help me ??

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

No - the relations that control the part are not annotations and can't be shown instead of the dimensions.

You can make a note.

Hello Safwane,

First create the extrusion

Second create a relation with the b parameter in part mode.

p1.png d0 is the thickness

It creates a parameter without having to do it via the parameter menu. Validate.

You can destroy the b declaration to get direct access to b in the part parameter menu.

p2.png

You create the drawing

p15.PNGp16.PNG

The created note is like that :

p3.PNG

&B refers to the parameter B

&d0 refers to the parameter of the feature (thickness).

Due to the relation &d0 can't be modified directly.

The thickness of the part can be changed via the drawing note (as shown previously : select the note and then select the parameter text).

The "H* (2)" text is an added text because when a parameter is added in a note, its own dimension note disapparears

or via the parameter menu in the part mode.

p7.PNG

Hoping this could help.

Top Tags