cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can i trap a $$-> CSYS command in GPOST

OsvaldoItaly
4-Participant

How can i trap a $$-> CSYS command in GPOST

Hi everybody,

i'm writing a postprocessor using FIL and GPOST.

Pro/NC doesn't export a rotation on C axis i need to position my tool.

In NCL file i've the $$-> CSYS with all the values i need to calculate my C angle.

Is there a quick way to trap this statement ad using ACOSF to determinate values?

Is there a way, i missed it, to force to output a C Rotation with a CYCLE/DRILL

Thanks

Osvaldo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

better than never the CSYS command can be caught with the cimfil/on,CAMERA.

Hope it help you or someone else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi

better than never the CSYS command can be caught with the cimfil/on,CAMERA.

Hope it help you or someone else.

Julien perfectly spotted it...

I just would like to complement it:

GPOST has its own development "language", FIL, and it interprets basically APT flavors, an area where Austin NC has a great history and contribution. It happens that in order to interface GPOST with the CAM systems out there, Austin NC developed "interfaces" that are nothing more than "parsers/translators" that converts the native CL format from a given CAM system to Austin NC "APT" language, which is then interpreted by GPOST / FIL and manipulated to provide output you want.

The way GPOST itself interpret commands never changes. What changes is the interfaces between GPOST and the CAM systems... they are responsible for converting the neutral file (CL) to GPOST APT language, and the rest is done by GPOST/FIL.

Like Julien exposed, in GPOST / PTC interface, the Pro/NC $$ CSYS statement it is equivalent to the "CAMERA" statement in the GPOST's APT implementation...

Every time you post a file, you are going to see that in the output directory GPOST creates a file with the same name of your CL, but the extension is .ACL - If you open it, you are going to see many similarities with the original CL, but this is the pre-posted file (The translation of your CL file to the GPOST APT format). (I guess .ACL stands for "Austin CL")

GPOST basically takes this .ACL file and then process it. Pretty clever from Austin folks, because they have a unique implementation on the GPOST side.. the interfaces isolates the particularities of each CAM system, converts them to the "generic" language interpreted by GPOST and the rest you know...

If you want to learn more about what is what in PTC CL -> GPOST APT, you could start studying the FIL / GPOST reference guides on Pro/NC help and this file I mentioned above. You are going to see that lots of things in the help will start to make sense.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Hi

i got it!!!

I forgot to publish my solution:

CIMFIL/ON,CAMERA
OSVCOS=POSTF(7,4)
OSVSIN=POSTF(7,5)
NEWC = ATAN2F(OSVCOS,OSVSIN)-90
CIMFIL/OFF

This is the way i solved my problem.

Thanks a lot

Osvaldo

sorry, I have try your solution but that C code still no generate in tap file.

I use Mill-Turn type to machine side of part, but Creo no generate C code in tap file. I have defined planar machining of Gpost, but Creo always generated In, Jn and Kn in tap file. Do you know how to generate C code if I use planar machining?

Top Tags