cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do I get rid of that @!%#$%@%^# annoying "Keyboard Shortcut Conflict" pop-up????

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

How do I get rid of that @!%#$%@%^# annoying "Keyboard Shortcut Conflict" pop-up????

This "Keyboard Shortcut Conflict" pop-up in Creo 4 makes me want to throw things.  I checked and I wasn't able to find any way to get rid of this stupid $#&*^.  Any ideas?

a shortcut conflict.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:Patriot_1776)

do you mean that even when clicking Use this shortcut for mapkeys > OK, when you type "x", the menu pops back?

@Patriot_1776 wrote:

This "Keyboard Shortcut Conflict" pop-up in Creo 4 makes me want to throw things.  I checked and I wasn't able to find any way to get rid of this stupid $#&*^.  Any ideas?

Hi,

add following option into config.pro file ... it looks like it turns system single character shortcuts off.

enable_single_char_keybrd_short no

Also you can follow File > Options > Customize > Keyboard Shortcuts > Category: All Modes,

remove unwanted shortcuts and export settings into ui file for later usage.

Martin Hanák

Similar type of rant:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Mapkey-Shortcut-Key-conflicts/m-p/568901

One of the biggest pains is the one key short cuts which eliminates any mapkey starting with that one key.

... by the way, PTC is here to "help you".

I tried the setting Martin suggested and it didn't work.  I was able to "Remove All Conflicts With Mapkeys", but it's still a pain.  I don't want that warning to ever come up in the first place.

a mapkey warnings.jpg

What's to say they won't help us more and give us more keyboard short-cuts that conflict with our re-written mapkeys.

Oh, they will.  It's for our own good you know...they know what's best for us....  LOL

I think one of the main problems is that they've gone to a global, network-based install, so, there ARE no local config.pro and customization.ui files except the ones I have.  And those only overwrite SOME things.  Fo instance, they use the worthless "default" layer scheme, and so I now get new layers popping up whenever I create a feature....and then I'm stuck deleting the layers time after time.  To my knowledge, there is no "setting" to turn off that garbage, except in the config.pro file that resides on a network I don't (and shouldn't) have modify access to.  The Creo 3 install had local copies so I was able to edit out what I needed to to prevent these issues.  So, I've pestered IT for a "custom" install, and hopefully that should cure all or a lot of these problems.

Top Tags