cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do I remove a part file from being associated to a drawing?

shamrick
1-Newbie

How do I remove a part file from being associated to a drawing?

I have a part file that was saved as PRT0001 and I no longer want that part. I want my part file and drawing file to be called WT5199 . How do I break the link between my WT5199 drawing and the PRT0001 file so that I do have to regenerate my drawing views?

If I delete the PRT0001 file from the folder, the drawing WT5199 will not open because the PRT0001.PRT is not in the directory.

PRT0001.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:shamrick)

The other thing is that if you rename your model, first make sure that have the drawing open. The when you rename the file, the drawing will point to the new model.

PRT0001.DRW

PRT0001.PRT

Open both.

First rename PRT0001.PRT to WT5199.PRT.

Then rename PRT0001.DRW to WT5199.DRW.

Save both and everything should be fine.

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Shawn,

Model can remove from drawing using Drawing Models > Del Model

I was able to delete the PRT0001 after I deleted all the views.

Is there a way to replace the model each view is looking at?

I am very new to CREO 3.0

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:shamrick)

The other thing is that if you rename your model, first make sure that have the drawing open. The when you rename the file, the drawing will point to the new model.

PRT0001.DRW

PRT0001.PRT

Open both.

First rename PRT0001.PRT to WT5199.PRT.

Then rename PRT0001.DRW to WT5199.DRW.

Save both and everything should be fine.

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags