cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How set not saving file after closing window??

MM_11094326
1-Newbie

How set not saving file after closing window??

Hi,

I have some problems with the file. I open 3d model and i want only check some in the features. I roll up line in the feature tree check information and close window with the 3d model. I don't want save this file in this shape so I don't click option "save as". When I try open again the same file I see model like I had before closing window. How can I set this to not save automatically after closing window?? I know that sometime is very useful option but I prefer have a control when the file is saved.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you open a model it is "in session" that is, in memory. Whatever you do to that file is done in memory only, until you save the file.

Closing the window with the model in it does not remove that model from memory. Therefore, when you try to open the same file again, Creo "sees" that you already have it in memory, shows you that model from memory.

If you have a file in memory that you have changed, but you want to abandon it and reload the last saved model from disk, you have to remove it from memory:

File->Manage Session->Erase Current

Then open the model on disk again, and it should be in the previously saved state.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

When you open a model it is "in session" that is, in memory. Whatever you do to that file is done in memory only, until you save the file.

Closing the window with the model in it does not remove that model from memory. Therefore, when you try to open the same file again, Creo "sees" that you already have it in memory, shows you that model from memory.

If you have a file in memory that you have changed, but you want to abandon it and reload the last saved model from disk, you have to remove it from memory:

File->Manage Session->Erase Current

Then open the model on disk again, and it should be in the previously saved state.

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:KenFarley)

@KenFarley likely has the correct answer here but I just want to add that if that part is used in a next higher assembly and you save the assembly it is going to save the part as well.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:KenFarley)

To add a little more information:

File > Manage Session > Erase Current erases from memory the models shown in the current window, if not also part of a model in another window.

File > Manage Session > Erase Not Displayed erases from memory any models not a part of a model in any open window.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hello @MM_11094326

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags