cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to Clear CREO 2.0 Parameter Names

ptc-4175781
1-Newbie

How to Clear CREO 2.0 Parameter Names

I used parameter names (tools/parameters) to set up the model to be parametric with ANSYS Workbench. I am creating a new model and want to use the same parameter names as another model. I started a new session of CREO 2.0, created a new part, named the dimensions and then when I tried to create the parameter, I got a message that the Parameter name was already in session.

How do you clear parameter names? The old names do not show up in the Parameter List.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am going to suggest this is a version issue.

In this file you already changed the dim symbol to insert_id

and you created the unitless parameter ds_insert_od.

I open relation and add insert_od=ds_insert_od and check the relations.

I get a successful message.

Do you have maintenance? Again, I think this is a known issue but if you can, report it.

Video Link : 5265

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Randy,

can you upload your model and provide parameter name, you want to create ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I emailed the file to you. I do not see an attachment icon in this window.

You can attach files using the advanced editor... upper right corner of the reply UI.

OK. Thanks for the note.

I figued it out. I was naming the dimension the same thing as the parameter which CREO will not allow.

Example of correct way.

Name dimension: insert_od

Name parameter: ds_insert_od.

Then all is OK.

Now I need to figure out what I am doing wrong with creating the relations:

insert_od=ds_insert_od

I keep getting the error message: Unitless value assignment for symbol ‘D20’.

I followed this method to create the relation:

I clicked on relations icon.

Then, clicked on the dimension with the named dimension.

Then, clicked the “=” sign.

Then, clicked Insert from list and chose the parameter and ended up with:

insert_od=DS_INSERT_OD

I am able to add the relation to the model without an error mesaage. Creo 2.0 M040 in the attached file.

Remove the realtion and find the insert_od parameter and remove it. Then try again from the relation UI.

"insert_od=ds_insert_od"

I have seen this issue reported before and PTC support fixed the file. But in your case, I don't have trouble getting this to work. What version are you running?

And when I re-read your post... if I 1st change the ds_insert_od to insert_od

are you then trying to add the "insert_od=ds_insert_od"? You probably have to declare ds_insert_od first.

relations

ds_insert_od=7.861

insert_od=ds_insert_od

Once this parameter is created, you can remove the 1st line from relations.

I tried your suggestion to no avail.

ds_insert_od=7.861

insert_od=ds_insert_od

error Unitless value assignment for symbol 'D13'.

I attached the revised model.

I am going to suggest this is a version issue.

In this file you already changed the dim symbol to insert_id

and you created the unitless parameter ds_insert_od.

I open relation and add insert_od=ds_insert_od and check the relations.

I get a successful message.

Do you have maintenance? Again, I think this is a known issue but if you can, report it.

Video Link : 5265

Wow. Nice video to explain your steps. I agree it is probably a software issue. It may be the way our IT folks configure the system.

Thanks for all of the support. You have been a great help.

Randy

You are welcome

Randy,

I opened your thesis_insert_v2.prt in Creo Parametric 2.0 M100 and added the following relation successfully

insert_od=DS_INSERT_OD

So M100 is OK. Test the problem without config.pro.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

As suspected, our CAE Team changed a setting that caused the problem. To fix: Go to Relations/Utilities and uncheck the Unit Sensitve box.

Thanks to all for the support.

Randy

How can you view current relations? I have a different working model with relations but I can not view them.

They get mushed all over the place. A quick place is to show the Program dialog.

Model tab>model intent>Program>show design. In the top it shows all relations... but not all parameters.

Nice trick!

Top Tags