cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to assemble multiple parts at once?

apyykko
1-Newbie

How to assemble multiple parts at once?

Dear all!

Does anyone know how to create mapkey to assemble multiple parts / assemblies to active assembly at once? I want to add parts in "zero parts" rep with default placement option. Zero parts means in this case that all parts in assemblies are excluded and part features are excluded too. Mapkey does not have to create these reps to parts cos' these are already created. I would like to copy set of part names from Excel to Creo at once, not to type name after name. When parts are added to active asm, reps can be changed to e.g. master rep and Ioaded to workspace.

In our company we have this kind of mapkey but it adds parts as included and it is really slow to get parts visible. This mapkey opens new window where I can paste set of name w/o prt or asm extension. This would be very useful if I want to review just certain components in tmp asm from a very large assembly. We are using PDM Link and Creo parametric 2.0. I do not want do add End Item to WS and create reps for it. We have certain reps which are allowed.Or... Is there simple way to change included component to any rep?

Thanks in Advanced. I hope that someone gets the idea.

Sorry about grammar, this is not my native language.

A

Edit: Pro/Program may be the key. Only problem is that I do not know how to use it! Help is needed here!

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks,

I know this and it is slow if I have 20 or more large assemblies to add. Assemblies which I want to add can be placed with default option. We do not use coincident, centered or other options for these assemblies which I want add to asm. These assemblies are different options of our End Item (Product which we are delivering to customer). We have xls-sheet where we have these option numbers (=Creo asm name). Let's say that I want to see only parts of engine and powertrain, I just copy needed cells from sheet to Creo and say "Assemble these in XXX rep with default option".

You can use JLink [Automation] for this purpose if the assembly placement is 'Default' or 'Csys'.

This will be very efficient and time saving technique, and thats too in just One Click.

JLink can read the excel sheet and can automatically assemble only those components.

HI, 

Can you suggest from where I could get more information on installation and Utilization of J-Link please?

Is this part of standard license or does it require stand alone license?

Thanks in advance

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:apyykko)

Look at AutoIt. I regularly use the ability to put items onto the clipboard and then have AutoIt process from the clipboard and generate results. Easy to learn.

HI,

Your solution sounds feasible. I'm trying to Control parts introduction into Creo through Excel (which contains the list of part number to be added).

The part list is Dynamic.

Can you suggest how I can create a script on AutoIT to add parts from Excel file onto Creo Assembly please?

JLink [similar to Pro/toolkit but free] can create new reps. with specifis components that are listed in excel.

Thank you very much! Now I know the answer, but not how to use JLink 😃 Hope that we have Jlink available. I have to take contact to our admin and see what happens or learn to use it.

Thanks once again!

Mapkeys are very limited and can become very complex.  Consider using  third party software called Nitro-CELL.  Nitro-CELL incorporates J-LINK and allows Excel and Creo to communicate with each other.  Creo commands and Design data are stored in the Excel Workbook.  Nitro-CELL then passes these commands and data to Creo.  Some of the commands available are ASSEMBLE, REGENERATE, COPY, DELETE...etc  Please see this Website: Simplified Logic, Inc. and YouTube Channel:  Simplified Logic, Inc. - YouTube

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:apyykko)

Hello Aki,

if you are using often the same parts in different combinations, maybe Options Modeler functionality could be an alternative to build different variations. See for example Tutorial: Utilizing the Variant Builder

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags