cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to block my skech in my motion skeleton

Vermont_95
12-Amethyst

How to block my skech in my motion skeleton

hello

I am using a motion skeleton to create a symetric movement  for a rail

see attached images.

like this, moving one part move also the other one.

but I can 't find the way to "block"or control the amplitude, to have some limits mini, maxi.

I want to be sure to not have my parts touching.

please help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a couple ideas you could try.

1) Sketch Relation Method

Try using the BOUND() function in a relation to control the min and max values for a dimension.

In my screen shot (snap82.png) I created a dimension between the two legs (sd9).  Then I created the relation sd9=BOUND(sd9, 20, 200) where 20 in the min distance and 200 is an arbitrarily large max distance.  I can still drag the legs, but they stop at the min specified seperation (20 in my example).

2)  Mechanism Constraint Method

If you built your model with mechanism constraints you could accomplish the same thing by specifying a min and max value in a mechanism connection.  For example, the cylinder connection allows you to specify a range the assembled part can slide along the translation axis (snap84.png).  Same functionality with the Slider connection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have a couple ideas you could try.

1) Sketch Relation Method

Try using the BOUND() function in a relation to control the min and max values for a dimension.

In my screen shot (snap82.png) I created a dimension between the two legs (sd9).  Then I created the relation sd9=BOUND(sd9, 20, 200) where 20 in the min distance and 200 is an arbitrarily large max distance.  I can still drag the legs, but they stop at the min specified seperation (20 in my example).

2)  Mechanism Constraint Method

If you built your model with mechanism constraints you could accomplish the same thing by specifying a min and max value in a mechanism connection.  For example, the cylinder connection allows you to specify a range the assembled part can slide along the translation axis (snap84.png).  Same functionality with the Slider connection.

hello

the relations in the sketch didn't worked, but the solution was in de Mechanism Constraint Method

I found thanks to you where to set this dimention in my motion skeleton

thanks

Veronique

Top Tags